• The US Joins The Kingdom Of The Serpent

by  • August 25, 2010 • Book News • 0 Comments

Just heard from my editor in the US, Lou Anders, that he’s bought the Kingdom of the Serpent sequence – Jack of Ravens, The Burning Man and Destroyer of Worlds – to be published shortly by Pyr.

For American readers, those books will finish off the massive story that began with World’s End in the Age of Misrule, a trilogy of trilogies covering more than two thousand years of human history, three worlds – this world, the Otherworld and the world beyond death – and our greatest mythologies.

Maybe I’ll stop getting all those emails now.

0 Responses to The US Joins The Kingdom Of The Serpent

1. Tim Lebbon
      August 25, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Many congrats mate! Lou’s a star.

2. Tom Moore
      August 25, 2010 at 8:54 pm

This is great news!

3. August 25, 2010 at 9:04 pm

Congrats, Mark!

4. August 26, 2010 at 4:26 am

Congrats! Looking forward to its arrival. I told Lou that I wanted to read Jack of Ravens and he begged me not to order it from the UK. (As if I could afford the exchange right now.) I’d like to think I played some part in that, but then I like to think a lot of things that aren’t true.

5. August 26, 2010 at 9:02 am

You may have incepted him, in which case, many thanks!

6. Rob D'Angelo
      August 27, 2010 at 1:27 am

Can you tell me if the Scar-crow Men is the next book in the story or if Jack of Ravens is I am a new fan that is confused. the US stores have never heard of Jack of Ravens and Scar-Crow in not due out till Feb 2011. I have read Age of Misrule and the Dark Age books. I wish to continue in sequence.
      Thanks

7. Kat
      August 27, 2010 at 6:22 am

YAY! I’d been holding off looking into ordering from the UK on these till I found out if PYR was going to get their hands on the last trilogy… VERY excited to learn that they are! I hope they get the same illustrator for the covers… So far the first two sets look fantastic on the shelf.

The books themselves have me hooked, and I near went crazy at the end of the Dark Age series when I realized there was yet another trilogy out there! (though gladly spoiled to get to read them nearly all at once since they’re already written!) Please keep up the wonderful writing! I just picked up The Silver Skull, and can’t wait to dive into it.

Congrats on bringing the last part over, and thank you again!

8. August 27, 2010 at 9:48 am

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

@Kat I’m expecting that Pyr will get the great John Picacio to illustrate the final three covers so there’s some unity on the shelves. I’m looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.

@Rob I’ll be the first to admit that the US publications are confusing – there are two series being released simultaneously.

The main one you’re interested in goes like this: Age of Misrule – World’s End, Darkest Hour, Always Forever; The Dark Age – The Devil in Green, The Queen of Sinister, The Hounds of Avalon; Kingdom of the Serpent – Jack of Ravens, The Burning Man, Destroyer of Worlds. One very big story, with links back and forth across all nine books.

The other sequence is Swords of Albion, about the Elizabethan spy Will Swyfte engaged in a battle against Faerie in the late sixteenth century. The first book is out now – The Silver Skull (in the US, The Sword of Albion in the UK, just to confuse matters further). The second book is The Scar-Crow Men, published, as you rightly point out, in February.

9. jason
      April 20, 2011 at 8:08 am

Amazing books! Has Kingdom of the Serpent hit shelves in the U.S. yet??

10. April 20, 2011 at 10:25 am

Glad you’re liking them, Jason. Kingdom of the Serpent should be available in the US in early 2012.