• Lord Of Silence – Get It Before It’s Gone

by  • August 12, 2009 • Book News • 0 Comments

A quick heads up to anyone thinking of purchasing Lord of Silence, which has been getting some very nice reviews – don’t wait too long.

The publisher, Solaris, is up for sale, and even if the company is bought, the new owners don’t have the rights to Lord of Silence. Though I haven’t seen any figures, I have a sneaking suspicion the initial print run won’t have been huge as Solaris won’t want any spare books sitting in the warehouse when the new owners come in or the doors shut for good.

I’ve already had reports of quick sell-outs in US book stores. I don’t know how many books are left, but it’s worth stressing that – in the immediate future – this book won’t be permanently available like Age of Misrule.

0 Responses to Lord Of Silence – Get It Before It’s Gone

1. Catherine
      August 12, 2009 at 7:02 pm

Amazon were already unable to supply pre-orders in the UK… my copy was back-ordered by a month and I still haven’t seen hide or hair of it, even though two of their Marketplace sellers had copies listed.

2. August 13, 2009 at 10:28 am

Yes, I’m finding this very annoying. It’s certainly not what I expected when I signed with Solaris. Can I suggest you order the book through Waterstones site?

3. MattC
      August 13, 2009 at 3:40 pm

I got my copy for my birthday from my mum, I suspect she got it from Amazon.

Thoroughly enjoying it so far by the way!

4. MattC
      August 13, 2009 at 3:41 pm

That wasn’t supposed to be a gloat btw Catherine, just a thumbs up to Mark for another great book.

5. Dawfydd
      August 14, 2009 at 8:26 am

Sad news about Solaris there Mark :(
      I guess I’m one of the lucky ones who got a copy, although I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon and it arrived with no problems.
      Not sure what happened to yours Catherine, but good luck :)

6. August 25, 2009 at 3:04 pm

I saw a copy in the Greenwich Waterstones a couple of days ago, it’s well worth pushing people out of the way to get that copy for yourself! :D

7. Phoenix
      September 3, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Now with Rebellion acquiring Solaris is there a future for the Ghost Warrior Series?

8. September 3, 2009 at 3:03 pm

There’s a future for it somewhere, but the contract I signed with Solaris didn’t allow them to sell on the book if the company was sold. I’ve had no dealings with Rebellion so I have no idea if they’d be interested.

9. CalebD
      June 29, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Glad to see that there may be a continuance on this series. I looked for the second book for over a year in the new fantasy/sci-fi rack at Barnes and Noble. This is the first time in a long time that I found myself doing that. I’m still bummed that there isn’t a set publication date. Hope it happens someday.

10. June 30, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Trying to clear a space to get the follow-up to this done.