• Lord Of Silence Cover

by  • February 3, 2009 • Book News • 0 Comments

Here’s a first look at the cover for Lord of Silence, my fantasy novel coming from Solaris on August 3.

lordofsilence

It’s by John Picacio, who has also completed the art for the US editions of the Age of Misrule sequence. Solaris describe it as “a rip-roaring, carcass-surfing (yes,really!) fantasy” which definitely captures the flavour. The blurb: “Vidar is a man tormented – by a lost memory and a vampiric jewel that demands the life energy of others. Now, with a killer loose within his home city, Vidar must solve a three thousand year old religious mystery to unlock the terrifying secrets of his own past.”

You can pre-order the UK version from Amazon here or from your favourite bricks and mortar bookshop.

Or you can pre-order the US version here.

0 Responses to Lord Of Silence Cover

1. February 3, 2009 at 6:10 pm

Holy Moses Mark, that looks incredible! As soon as it’s out it’ll be on my TBR list, no doubt! You’ve got some incredible talent doing covers for you. :-) And thanks for adding me to the blogroll! :-)

2. February 3, 2009 at 6:24 pm

Yep, I’ve been very lucky on the cover front. Mainly because I shout and throw things till I get what I want. I learnt that when I was five. Lesson for life.

3. February 3, 2009 at 6:41 pm

Blimey, that’s a brilliant cover! Pretty damn hot… ;)

Can I re-post it when I do a round-up of news & stuff later this week?

Cheers,
      Karen

4. February 3, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Sure – anyone can re-post. The more, the merrier!

5. February 3, 2009 at 8:22 pm

I like. It’s odd though the percentage of lefthanders in covers given that they are outnumbered.

To be honest though, I think the title of the book is better than the cover, it engages the brain and fills me with anticipation.

Out of interest if I buy a book through your site do you get a better cut? If you do ythen I’m happy to buy here.

All the best

Simon

6. February 3, 2009 at 9:09 pm

Thanks, Simon. Yes, this site is an Amazon Associate so I get a small cut from anything bought through it.

7. Liz
      February 18, 2009 at 11:01 am

Well now, I’m totally in lust! Besides the fact that YOU wrote it, I have to own for the cover…or maybe own two – one to read and one to keep pristine.