• Forbidden Planet Signing

by  • January 23, 2009 • Book News • 0 Comments

I had a great time at Thursday’s signing at Forbidden Planet in London (followed by a beer or three at the party to celebrate my good friend David Devereux’s new book, Eagle Rising). Lots of books signed, and I met lots of very interesting people – aspirant writers, bloggers, podcasters and readers.

A load (stew? drunk? what is the collective term?) of authors were present, some I know well, some I was meeting for the first time. Unlike the usual signing, FP took a chance this time and let everyone mingle and chat, which worked extremely well. When you’re stuck behind a table signing books, you only have chance for a few words, but here we could have proper conversations.

There’s a report – and more importantly pictures – at Liz and Mark’s excellent blog.

0 Responses to Forbidden Planet Signing

1. January 23, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Hi Mark, it was great meeting you last night – thanks for putting up with me cornering you and bending your ear about the publishing biz. :)

Cheers,
      Karen

2. January 23, 2009 at 5:36 pm

Nice to meet you too, Karen. And good luck!

3. Paula Dexter
      January 23, 2009 at 8:04 pm

I am so glad I could make it, great to meet you Mark, thanks for messages in my books, photos look good too. Jester fan , Paula! x

4. January 23, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Great to meet you too, Paula. Who doesn’t like jesters!

5. January 24, 2009 at 8:55 am

Thank you for coming in! We’ve been wanting to do something like that for ages – this really gave us the chance to open everything out and let you guys loose!!

And I’m still puzzling the ‘collective noun’ thing too…

6. Simon
      January 24, 2009 at 12:13 pm

Hi Mark,

I really enjoyed the format at the store, there was a lack of formality that made it easier to just chat rather than the quick question. Your Dr Dee book coming up sounds really interesting.

This may or may not be of interest.

A hotchpotch of authors??

Anyway it was great to have a chat and drink guiness with you.

Simon

7. January 24, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Hope you’ve recovered, Dani!

Simon – good to meet you. And I won’t forget I owe you a beer! Just off to check out your link now.

8. January 24, 2009 at 2:32 pm