• More Music

by  • September 6, 2008 • Miscellaneous • 11 Comments

I’m now dj-ing at Blip.fm.

I can’t write without music playing. I tend to have pretty eclectic tastes, with a range of different modes to conjure up the right atmosphere. But I’m always on the look-out for something I haven’t heard before.

Send me your music recommendations…

11 Responses to More Music

1. Tim L
      September 7, 2008 at 3:27 pm

Sounds like fun, Mark. Going through an Irish punk/folky sound myself – Flogging Molly, Street Dogs etc. HAve you heard the Mad Caddies? A real mix of styles and influences.

2. September 7, 2008 at 4:48 pm

Not heard those, but I’ll give them a listen now!

3. disrepdog
      September 7, 2008 at 9:52 pm

Fun loving criminals and Steve Harley – fantastic :D

Shame I can’t get this on the car stereo……..

If you want something a bit blues / roots / Americana for a change try this guy: http://www.last.fm/music/Joe+Pug

And for some lyrical pop get on The Script.

(maths is tough tonight)

4. September 9, 2008 at 10:48 pm

If I start to offer suggestions for what music to listen to then you will end up having to buy Guitar Hero III, as that is all I am doing at present with my kids

5. September 10, 2008 at 10:57 am

And then I’ll get no work done!

6. compactbarbie
      September 11, 2008 at 8:20 am

It honestly depends what I’m working on. If I am working on my long term project about Anglo-Saxon saints, then it’s either classical or 70/80’s techno like Vangelis/Oldfield/Kitaro etc. If it’s fiction for some reason it has to be 80’s US stuff like Journey/Nightranger/Ted Nugent. For research it’s either peppy pop from the 70’s or 80’s or it could be Zeppelin, or more bluesy stuff like Gary Moore or Robert Cray. Wierd enough for you??

7. compactbarbie
      September 11, 2008 at 8:20 am

BTW I’m an old fart – can you tell?

8. September 11, 2008 at 9:08 am

Robert Cray! Used to love his stuff, and haven’t heard it for ages. Must look that out.

9. scarborough
      September 14, 2008 at 1:53 pm

I always loved My Bloody Valentine, and Orbital’s ‘Insides’ as perfect writing music. I’d also guess that Fairport Convention’s ‘Leige and Leaf’ might put ideas into your head.

10. September 15, 2008 at 11:50 am

I like MBV and Orbital, but not heard that Fairport Convention one – I’ll give it a lesson.

11. September 15, 2008 at 11:51 am