• About

0 Responses to Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition

1. November 16, 2006 at 2:03 pm

Seems it was a handful of bad apples but at least they won’t be inviting that group back again. I think it would be impossible to change the pagan feel of Glastonbury, it has afterall, been there for rather along time.

I won’t make any comment about organised religions….

Glastonbury is a must visit place for anyone with any sense of spirituality though, it has such a good feel to it. All that Blue Fire ;)

2. November 16, 2006 at 4:38 pm

Is it wrong to find something funny about the the person who said “It was as if we had returned to the dark ages”? I know it’s pure pedantry, but I’m reasonably confident that in dark age britain christians would have been more likely to be assaulted by the majority pagans than vice versa…

At least the Catholic group in question are honest, they aren’t pretending to be civilised. You would think, however, that if god was really bothered about crazy pagans he’d smite them or something.

3. November 16, 2006 at 5:39 pm

of course the answer to that would be that ‘God moves in mysterious ways’

4. November 17, 2006 at 2:06 pm

He seems to be getting more and more mysterious the older he gets. Perhaps he’s gone senile and nobody but the Pope has been told… :o

5. TheJovialGnome
      November 17, 2006 at 9:43 pm

I was there in June of this year when there was a MASSIVE Catholic gathering going on in the Abbey with congregations from all over the world and as far as I’m aware not the slightest hint of any trouble. Like disrepdog says, it sounds like a few bad apples intent on causing trouble. Let’s hope that this was a one off for it is the most restful, tranquil place I’ve ever been and it would be a shame if a few spoiled it for the majority.

6. martyn44
      November 19, 2006 at 1:34 am

Writing as someone who has been going to church for a long, long time now I have serious problems with anyone who imagines they have any right to comment on how someone else reconciles themselves to God, or doesn’t. The parable of the spelk and the plank springs to mind.

My God instructs me to love everyone. Doesn’t sound like the sort of deity who wants anyone ‘cleansed’. Maybe she’ll make an exception for scribes and pharisees, but probably not.

Of course, I’ll probably get myself on the cleansers’ list now.